Tuesday, June 26, 2012

40k Battle Report - Grey Knights vs Chaos Daemons

Grey Knights vs Chaos Daemons - 1750 Points - (June 22nd 2012)

Another Friday rolled around and that means another trip to the GW store, and the same GK player was there that I played on the 8th, as there was no one else around and I am always up for a challenge, we decided to play a game.

Here are the lists:

 
Grey Knights
5 Terminators
7 Terminators (Deep striking)
2 Rhino
1 Gunship
Crowe
10 Purifiers w/ halbreds, hammers and psycannons
10 Purifiers w/ halbreds, hammers and psycannons
1 Dreadnaught




Chaos Daemons:
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
Skulltaker
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch
Soul Grinder w/ Phlegm



Right Side of the Board

Left Side of the Board


We rolled off and got capture and control and pitched battle, he won the roll and went first, my objective on the left side and his was on the right side.

Daemons preferred wave was the 10 Bloodletters, Skulltaker, 6 Flamers, and Soul Grinder and the Bloodcrushers, with the second wave being the both Princes, and 20 Bloodletters.


Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1

GK
He held is terminators in reserves and just had both of his Purifier squads in the Rhinos and and the 5 terminators in the gun Gunship, and his Dread attached to the Gunship, and Crowe was inside area terrain.  He moved his Rhino and Gunship up the left side waiting for me to deepstrike down, all of his Rhino's popped smoke.

Daemons
I rolled a 2 and got my second wave, I decided to deepstrike my Flamers in the back in a building to keep them hidden but rolled a 1 and failed my invul save and one died, my Bloodletters next to a building to hide in cover and put my other group of 3 flamers in the middle of the board.  Also my Soul grinder landed in the back.  I took shots at his Rhino in the open but failed to do anything because of his cover save from popping smoke.




Daemons Deepstriking Down

GK moving towards Objective




Turn 2


GK
He rolled reserves and failed to have his terminators come in, he moved his gunship up and took at shot at my Soul Grinder with his lasguns and wrecked him.  He moved up his Rhino and took shots at my Daemon Prince with his purifiers inside his Rhino.  He also moved his Rhino on the left hand side up farther towards the right side.

Daemons
I rolled reserves and only got one prince to come in, I landed him right in the middle of the board next to his Rhino.  I flew my three Flamers up closer to the Rhino on the left hand side and moved my other two in front of the gunship.
I used BoT on the gunship and failed to do anything but then used my Breath of Chaos, Glanced it and rolled a 6 which went to a 4 but because he moved flat out it was a wreck.  His Dreadnaught and terminators came out the back.
My other group of Flamers and the Prince shot at his Rhino and managed to wreck it.
In the assault phase I assaulted his Purifiers that came out of the rhino with my Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters, but he used Purifying flame and killed almost all of my Bloodletters, the Bloodletters got wiped out and I lost one Bloodcrusher and the other two took wounds, I managed to kill 3 or 4 Purifiers.



Purifiers owning the Daemons

Wrecked gunship




Turn 3

GK
He got his reserves roll for this Terminators and them down on the right side behind all my troops.  He moved his remaining purifiers back into cover behind his Rhino, he also took some shots at my Prince but failed to kill it.  He moved his Dreadnaught up in front of my flamers and killed them all, and moved his terminators on the left hand side towards the objective.


Daemons
I got my reserves roll and dropped the last Prince and two Bloodletter squads right next to the terminators.  I flew my Prince over in front of his Dreadnaught and put the 3 Flamers in front of his Terminators that he deepstriked down.
I used BoT and blew up his Dreadnaught, I also used Breath of Chaos against his Terminators and managed to kill all but 1.  I shot my BoT from my other Prince at Crowe and wounded him, he failed his save and died because of instant death.







Remaining Daemons Join the Party, after torching the Terminators

Terminators moving toward the Objective

Dreadnaught went down to the Daemon Prince




Turn 4

 

GK
He shot and then assaulted my Bloodletter squad with his remaining 7 Purifiers and killed them all and then consolidated into area terrain, and I managed to kill 1 more.  He assaulted my 3 Flamers with his remaining terminator and managed to kill 2 leaving one alive.  He moved his other Rhino towards his Objective on the right and moved his terminators into the objective on the left side of the table.

Daemons
I risked it and flew my two Daemon Princes up shot at his unit of 4 purifiers but didn't kill any.  I then assaulted into the terminator with my 10 Bloodletters and assaulted into his purifiers with my Daemon Princes.
I wiped out his Terminator without losing my Flamer and then moved them up towards the objective.  In the combat with purifiers my Princes whiffed and both died, he only had to do 3 wounds to kill them and he did.




GK's claiming the objective

All that Remains of the Daemon Force




Turn 5

Gk
He moved his last Rhino over to the object on the right and then assaulted into my remaining 10 Bloodletters trying to slow them down as they were my last scoring unit.  He killed 4 but I wiped them out.

Daemons
I shot at his Rhino with my Flamer but failed to do anything, I then assaulted with my Bloodletters and wreck the Rhino, his guys piled out and we were contesting that objective.





Wrecked another Rhino and contesting the objective

GK's holding the Objective




Turn 6 ???

We rolled and got a 2 thus ending the game, and he won with 1 objective while the other was contested.




Daemons
I kind of got tunnel vision and forgot about the other objective, I should have put one squad of Bloodletters down there, that should have been enough to kill the 5 terminators.  A little bit of bad luck having the soul grinder wrecked on turn 2, and his unit of 10 purifiers killed almost 20 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers and 2 Princes.


GK
A welled played game on his part, and he got some good rolls and was able to use 10 purifiers to essentially hold the right side of the board. It is always a up hill battle against GK with all the rerolls and other bonus's against Daemons.

Game over - Final Score Grey Knights 1, Daemons 0

The first star for the Daemons I would say was 135 points of Flamers and took out over 400 points of Terminators, and popped a Rhino.
For the GK's I would say the first star was probably his unit of Purifier's in the Rhino, they killed a almost 20 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers and 2 Princes.

Daemon Three Stars:
*     Flamers
**   Daemon Prince (Blew up Dreadnaught)
*** 10 Bloodletters (Killed the killed remaining Purifiers and a Rhino)


Grey Knights Stars:
*     10 Purifiers's in the Rhino
**   Gunship
*** Dreadnaught

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 21
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment