Tuesday, September 4, 2012

40K Battle Report - Chaos Daemons vs Dark Eldar

Dark Eldar vs Chaos Daemons - 6th Edition - 1750 Points - (August 24th, 2012)



Here are the lists:


Dark Eldar:
6 Reavers
2 Raiders (with 10 Warriors in each)
2 Venoms (one had Archon and Incubi)
Parasite Engine
10 Blood Brides
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
1 Haemonculus
5 Wracks
1 Razorwing Jet Fighter
5 Scourges
1 Archon
5 Incubi


Chaos Daemons:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Fury of Khorne
10 Bloodletters - Fury of Khorne
10 Bloodletters - Fury of Khorne
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
10 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Tzeentch, Changeling
Daemon Prince - Wings, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies
3 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne
6 Flesh hounds - Karanak Upgrade, Fury of Khorne
Soul Grinder w/ Phlegm











We rolled off and got the mission Crusader and ended up with 4 objectives, he won the roll and went first.

The preferred wave for Daemons was: Bloodthirster, 10 Bloodletters, both groups of Flamers, the Flesh Hounds, and the Bloodcrushers.

Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1


Dark Eldar

Reserves: NA
Movement: He moved up his vehicles a little bit and moved around his Blood Brides.
Shooting: NA
Assault: NA


Daemons


Reserves: Rolled a 3 and my preferred wave came in.  I landed everything behind cover, except the flamers which I tried to land behind his Blood Brides, one group mishapped and he placed it at the far end of the table and the other got a direct hit behind them.  My Bloodthirster was flying.
Movement: NA
Shooting: I ran all my units up a bit to get behind cover as much as possible, I shot Breath of Chaos at his Blood Brides and killed 5.
Assault: NA






Daemon's Landing behind cover

After math of Breath of Chaos








Turn 2


Dark Eldar


Reserves: He made his reserve roll for his scourges but failed for his Razor Wing (thanks to my strategic trait)  He deepstriked them next to my Bloodletters but scattered back a few inches putting them behind a building.
Movement: He moved up his Reavers and his Raiders a bit, he also moved up both his venom's.  His Bloodbrides moved to assault my Flamers a long with his Pain Engine.
Shooting: He fired all his Raiders and their troops at my Bloodcrusher's, I made a ton of saves and still had one left.  He shot with his scourges and venom at my Bloodletters killing 5, he also shot at my Flamers and only did one wound.
Assault: He assaulted my Flamers and I managed to kill two more Bloodbrides with over watch.  In combat he killed all but 1 and I killed another Bloodbride.


Daemons


Reserves: I made my rolls on the Soul Grinder, Prince and 10 Bloodletters.  I placed the Soul Grinder behind his reavers and the Bloodletters in the middle of the map next to his Raider.  The Prince also landed on the far left next to his Venom's.
Movement: I moved my Bloodletters up to assault his Scourges, I also moved up my remaining Bloodcrusher to attempt to take out his Raider.  My Flesh Hounds moved up to assault his venom.  My Bloodthirster flew over near the middle of the map.  My Flamers on the far side also started to move up a bit.
Shooting: I shot with the Soul grinder at his Reavers, I used Phlegm and managed to kill 4 of the Reavers.
Assault: I assaulted his Scourges with my Bloodletters and his venom with my Flesh hounds, I also assaulted his Raider with my Bloodcrusher.  In combat with the Scourges I lost two Bloodletter's and then killed all the Scourges.  The Flesh Hounds wrecked the venom and my Bloodcrusher did one Glancing hit against Raider.  Combat with the Flamer ended, I killed one more Blood Bride before he finished off the last Flamer.







Flesh Hounds take out Venom

Remaining Bloodcrusher Assaults a Raider






Turn 3

Dark Eldar


Reserves: He failed his reserve roll again for Flier.
Movement: He moved up his Wracks to assault my remaining three Bloodletters.  He also moved his Parasite Engine over to assault my Flesh Hounds.  His Reavers moved back to try to blow up the Soul Grinder and his Venom moved up and his Incubi got out.
Shooting: He shot at the Soul Grinder but failed to do any damage to it, he also shot at my Bloodletters in the middle and killed 2.
Assault: He attempted to assault my Flesh Hounds but failed to roll high enough, he assaulted my Bloodletters in the middle with his Wracks and finished them off.  He also assaulted with his Archon and Incubi against my unit of 8 Bloodletters and killed them all.





Daemons


Reserves: I made all my reaming reserve rolls and my put all my pink horrors down in front of his Wracks, and my 10 Bloodletters behind his Incubi.
Movement: I vector striked with my Bloodthirster over his Raider and managed to explode it,   My Soul Grinder moved up to template the 10 warriors that got out of the Raider.
Shooting: I used vomit and the harvester and killed all but 3 warriors with the soul grinder, I also shot with my Pink Horrors and killed all but two of his wracks including his Haemonculus.  My three flamers moved into range of his empty venom and blew it up with Breath of Chaos.
Assault: I assaulted his Pain engine with my Flesh Hounds and my Daemon Prince, and managed to kill it while losing 3 Flesh Hounds.  I also assaulted his remaining three warriors with my Soul Grinder and killed them.









Daemon Prince and Hounds Take care of Parasite Engine, while the Incubi slaughter through some Bloodletters






Turn 4

  

Dark Eldar


Reserves: His flier came in front reserves.
Movement: He turbo boosted with his jet bikes to my deployment side, he also moved his warriors out of his Raider to shoot at my Flamers.
Shooting: He shot and killed all but one Flamer, he also shot with the Flier at my Soul Grinder but only did one glancing hit.
Assault: He assaulted my Pink horrors with his Wracks and killed 3 of them, and I failed to do any wounds back.  He also assaulted my unit of Bloodletters with his Incubi and killed them all.




Daemons


Reserves: NA
Movement: attempted to move my Soul Grinder up to get to his Warriors, I also turned my Flesh Hounds around to try and kill his remaining Wracks.  My Prince and Bloodthirster flew to his Incubi to get ready to assault them.
Shooting: I shot at his Warriors with my Soul Grinder and killed 2.  I also shot with my one Flamer at his Incubi and killed 1.
Assault: In the assault phase I assaulted with my Flesh Hounds and they managed to kill all of his remaining Wracks.  I also assaulted with my Daemon Prince and Bloodthirster and killed all of his Incubi and he did two wounds to my Prince.  Leaving his Archon in combat with my Prince and Bloodthirster.  I failed my assault with my Soul Grinder because I was out of range and had to go through difficult terrain.










Archon making his stand against a Daemon Price and a Bloodthirster

Soul Grinder looking to harvest some more Souls

End of Game shot.







Turn 5

We ran out of time and the store was closing so we ended the game on Turn 4.

Final Score - Daemons 2, Dark Eldar 1

Daemon - First Blood, Line Breaker
Dark Eldar - Line Breaker







Game over - Final Score Daemons: Dark Eldar 

This was my first game against Dark Eldar and it was really fun, I definitively felt the power of all those poison shots, and how amazing Incubi are in close combat, they killed 20 Bloodletters without losing any.  In The end my Soul Grinder really won me the game destroying 66% of his Reavers and killing a unit of Warriors.  I think more shooting would have done wonders against this army, but I am still building up my shooting side my list.

Daemon Three Stars:
*  Soul Grinder
** Flesh Hounds
*** Pink Horrors

Dark Eldar Stars:
*    Incubi/Archon
** Wracks
*** Warriors in Raider

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 46
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan


No comments:

Post a Comment