Monday, August 13, 2012

40K Battle Report - Chaos Daemons vs Space Marines


Space Marines vs Chaos Daemons - 6th Edition - 2000 Points - (August 10th, 2012)

Made the trip down to the GW store this Friday looking for a game, I came across a fellow who moved to this city only a week ago and like all other people in this hobby he made his way to the GW store first.  He brought Space Marines so we decided on a 2000 point game.


Here are the lists:


Space Marines: (going from memory, he also had a forgeworld HQ, but I can not remember the name)
3 Drop Pods
Dreadnought - Flamer Upgrades
10 Man  Tactical  Squad
10 Man  Tactical  Squad
6 Terminators
2 Librarians
Forgeworld HQ
Vanguard Squad of 4
5 Man Tactical Squad
5 Man  Tactical  Squad


Chaos Daemons:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Fury of Khorne
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Fury of Khorne
10 Bloodletters - Fury of Khorne
10 Bloodletters - Fury of Khorne
6 Flamers - Pyromancer
5 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Tzeentch
6 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Tzeentch, Changeling
Daemon Prince - Wings, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies
3 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne
6 Flesh hounds - Karanak Upgrade, Fury of Khorne
Soul Grinder w/ Phlegm





Space Marine Reserves




We rolled off and got the mission to capture the objective in the opponents deployment zone, he won the roll and let me go first.

The preferred wave for Daemons was: Bloodthirster, Daemon Prince, 10 Bloodletters, 10 Bloodletters and the Flesh Hounds.

Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1


Daemons

Reserves: I rolled and got a 2, bringing in my second wave.  I tried a risky deepstrike putting the Flamers next to his HQ, and vanguard squad but mishapped and they got put into reserves again.  Everything else landed without issue and I tried to hide from LOS as much as I could.
Movement: NA
Shooting: I had nothing to shoot at.
Assault: NA


Space Marines

Reserves: Because of the lovely rules of space marines he was able to bring in two of his drop pods and put them smack down right next to pink horrors and Bloodletters.  Because of the dropbods he scatter but got to stay in the middle.
Movement: Moved all of his troops that did not deepstrike, closer to my units.
Shooting: He really put a hurt on my this turn and killed all but 1 Pink Horror in both my squads and all but 3 of my unit of Bloodletters.
Assault: He did not assault this turn.














Turn 2


Daemons
Reserves: I made all of my reserve rolls except for my Bloodthirster and my Flesh Hounds.  I placed the flamers next to the mess in the middle in hopes to fry a couple of things.  I also massed up my Bloodletters on the right side with my Bloodcrushers.  I put the Soul Grinder in the middle to try and shoot some of his units down.
Movement: I moved all my units on the right up to assault his HQ squad next turn.
Shooting: I shot my flamers into one of his squads and over top of his Dreadnought, I managed to do two hull points to him and wipe of his squad, giving me First Blood.  I also moved my remaining two pink horrors and tried to shoot his rear armour on the Dread but failed to do the last hull point.
Assault: I assault my unit of 3 Bloodletters into his unit of 5 Marines but they all died to over watch because he had two flamers.

Space Marines
Reserves: He made his reserve roll and dropped his terminators in next to all of my Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers on the right side.
Movement: He used a physic ability that teleported his HQ 24 inches and put them next to my Flamers
Shooting: He shot everything he had at my Flamers and wiped them out.  He also finished off one of the squads of Pink Horrors.
Assault: He did not assault.












Turn 3

Daemons

Reserves: I made my Bloodthirster roll but failed my Flesh Hounds and I put him in the middle of the board.
Movement: I moved all of my Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers closer to assault his terminators.  I also flew my Prince into the middle of the board.
Shooting: I shot with my pink horror at the back armour of his Dread again but failed to glance it.  I also shot with my Soul Grinder at his unit in the front but scattered off.
Assault: I assaulted his unit of terminators with my two units of Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers, after the combat was over he killed a few of my Bloodletters and I killed all but 2 of his terminators.  He chose to fail combat, and managed to escape.  I also assaulted his unit of tactical Marines but he made his over watch with his melta gun, rolled a pen and then rolled another 6 to explode it >.> that one hurt.




Space Marines

Reserves: NA
Movement: He moved his HQ Units closer my mass of units on the right and used his flamers and physic powers to killed half of each unit of Bloodletters.
Shooting: He shot at my Daemon Prince who flew into the middle and actually managed to hit it but did not bring it down, but I failed some saves and took 3 wounds.
Assault: He assaulted my Bloodletters with his HQ squad and my other unit with his terminators, he wiped out one squad but was left in combat with one Bloodletter left against the terminators.

















Turn 4

  

Daemons

Reserves: The flesh Hounds came in and I put them on the left side inside a building.
Movement: I dropped my Bloodthirster down and flew him over to his unit on the objective to take them off of it.  I also flew my Daemon Prince closer to my own objective to help guard it.
Shooting: NA
Assault: I assaulted his HQ unit withe my Bloodcrushers and failed to do any wounds and he wiped them out.  I also assaulted his unit on the objective with my Bloodthirster and only killed 2 leaving 3 left.




Space Marines

Reserves: NA
Movement: He moved his HQ unit and terminators, along with one tactical squad closer to my objective.
Shooting: He shot at my Daemon Prince but failed to do any wounds.
Assault: The combat continued with my Bloodthirster and it killed 1 more leaving 2 Marines left.
















Turn 5

Daemons

Reserves: NA
Movement: I flew my Prince over to get ready to assault his marines going for my objective, I also moved my Flesh Hounds out so I could assault one of his units.
Shooting: NA
Assault: I assaulted his tactical squad and killed all but 2, I also managed to kill the remaining two tactical Marines on his objective.  I assaulted his unit of 5 Marines and managed to killed them all but and only lost 2.




Space Marines

Reserves: NA
Movement: He shuffled his units around a little hoping to assault my Daemon Prince who was already in combat.
Shooting: He moved over and used his Dreadnought to template my Flesh Hounds and kill them all.
Assault: He got his terminators into combat with the Prince but failed on his HQ unit.  The prince killed one more Marine before being killed by his terminators.  He consolidated but not close enough to claim the objective.














Turn 6 ?

We rolled for turn 6 but rolled a 2 ending the game.

Victory Points:
Space Marines - Line Breaker (1)
Daemons - Line Breaker (1), First Blood (1)

Game over - Final Score Daemons: 2 Space Marines : 1

This was a really shallow victory for me, I only had my Bloodthirster left and only managed to killed two of his units.  I had some bad luck and he also had probably 10 flamer units or more on the board and just wiped out my units before I could do anything.  He also had the forgeworld HQ which was a physker and two librarians (he doubled his Force Org Chart) He was warping around the board and doing a lot of damage that way.  Definitely a learning experience for me, because I forgot how nasty Drop Pods are not being able to mishap.  I will remember for next time make sure my units are not so bunched up.

Daemon Three Stars:
*     Bloodthirster
**   Flamers
*** Bloodcrushers

Space Marines Stars:
*     HQ Unit
**   Dreadnought
*** Terminators

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 19
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment