Saturday, May 12, 2012

40k Battle Report - Sisters of Battle vs Chaos Daemons

Sisters of Battle vs Chaos Daemons - 1250 Points - (May 11th 2012)

Hey guys, so this week I made it out to my LGS and found a veteran player who brought his Sisters of Battle, but he was in a rush and did not want me taking photos, so this battle report I do not have any pictures, so this will be a quick battle report as the game went very quick.

Here are the lists:

 
Sisters of Battle
10 Battle Sisters
10 Battle Sisters
10 Battle Sisters
Saint Celestine
Arch-confessor Kyrinov
5 Death Cult Assassins
5 Repentia's
Sisters of Battle Penitent Engine
Sisters of Battle Exorcist
Sisters of Battle Exorcist


Chaos Daemons:
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
Skulltaker
Daemon Prince - Wings, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Mark Of Khorne, Death Strike
Daemon Prince - Wings, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Mark Of Khorne, Death Strike\
3 Bloodcrushers

We rolled off and got seize ground and pitched battle, we rolled and got 3 objectives and he won the roll to go first and made me go first.

Daemons preferred wave was the 20 Bloodletters, Skulltaker and Bloodcrushers with the second wave being the Princes and 10 Bloodletters.


Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1

Daemons
I was able to deep strike everything in except one of my princes landed on top of my Bloodletters, rolled and got a 4 on the mishap table and he placed the Prince right in front of his Penitent Engine and 10 Sisters.

Sisters
He opened fire with both Exorcists and failed to do any wounds to my Prince, he then flamed my Prince with his Penitent Engine and did one wound and then charged in.  In combat I got 3 penetrating hits and rolled a 1,1,2.  All being ignored.  He then attacked back and killed my Prince.

Turn 2


Daemons
I rolled and got one group of Bloodletters and my crushers from reveres, leaving my Skulltaker and 10 Bloodletters still in reserves.  I then flew my remaining Prince over to the Penitent Engine and took a shot with Death strike but did nothing.  Then charged in, he attacked first as I charged through cover and did 2 wounds.  I then attacked back getting 3 more penetrating hits and rolled a 1,2,4 but he made his +6 invul save on the immobilized.  You can see were this is going.

Sisters
He moved his units up and shot at one of my group of Bloodletters killing 3, in CC between the Prince and the Penitent Engine, I attacked first and rolled 1 penetrating hit and rolled a 2. He attacked back and did one more wound.

Turn 3

Daemons
I rolled and got my last group of Bloodletters and Skulltaker and put them on other side of the board near a objective.  I moved another group of Bloodletters to a objective on the right side and moved my Bloodcrushers up towards the middle.  In CC with the Penitent Engine I got 2 penetrating hits and then got a 4,4 and he failed both saves, so it was immobilized and a weapon destroyed.  He then attacked back and killed my Prince.  Yup... one Penitent Engine killed two Daemon princes in CC, so much for monstrous creatures >.>

Sisters
He moved up Saint Celestine and the 20 Sisters towards Skulltaker and the Bloodletters.  He also moved up his other 10 Sisters and the 5 Repentia's towards the objective I held with my Bloodletters and Crushers near it.  He then shot with the tanks and killed 3 more Bloodletters from my group not on the objective.

Turn 4

 

Daemons
I took the risk and charged my crushers into his Immobilized Penitent Engine and charged his Repentia's with my remaining 5 Bloodletters.  I also moved Skulltaker and Bloodletters into a building to try to take cover from the 20 sisters and Saint Celestine.
In combat with the Penitent Engine I charged through cover so he went first and he did one wound.  I attacked back and needing 6's to get penetrating hits and managed two.  And I rolled a 3 and a 6 and he failed both invul saves and I finally destroyed it.
In combat with the Repentia's he rolled for his faith and passed so even if they die they get to attack. The Bloodletters managed to kill 3 of the Repentia's and they killed 2 in return, he failed combat and failed his save so another one died leaving one.

Sisters
He flew Saint Celestine up and flamed my Bloodletters killing 5 out of the 11 (Including Skulltaker) and then moved up his Sisters and shot the rest of my Bloodletters down wiping me off that side of the board.
He also moved up his 10 Sisters and ran them close to my Bloodletters holding a objective.
In CC with the Repentia's he failed his Faith roll and I managed to kill the last one and then consolidated behind a building.


Turn 5

Daemons
I moved my Bloodletters off the Objective and assaulted the 10 Sisters, killing all of them and then hoping to roll a high consolidate to move back to the objective rolled a 1, so it left them out in the open.
I moved my Crushers behind the same building as my 2 remaining Bloodletters trying to stay out of line of sight of Saint Celestine and the 20 Sisters and the 5 Assassins.

Sisters
He took shots at my Bloodletters in the open from his tanks and killed 3, he then moved all his Sisters closer to my 2 Bloodletters and Crushers and flew Saint Celestine over and assaulted/killed my 2 Bloodletters.

Turn 6 

We rolled and the game kept going to turn 6.

Daemons
I moved/ran my Bloodletters back to the objective and then charged Saint Celestine with my Crushers.  She managed to do 1 wound and kill one Crusher and in return they killed her.



Sisters

He rolled and Saint Celestine did not come back, but he moved up all his Sisters and shot at and killed my two Crushers.  He took shots at my remaining Bloodletters on my Objective and killed 1 but they still held the objective.


Game over - Final Score Sisters 2, Daemons 1

This was a fun game but also frustrating, I think it might have gone differently if my prince managed to destroy the Penitent Engine before the Penitent Engine killed both of my Princes, but that's how these things go.
He is a very veteran player and I knew I had almost no chance of beating him from the start but after both Princes died I knew it was over, but you keep on keeping on right!  I would say his star was his Penitent Engine for sure, it took out 450 points worth of Princes without dieing.  While my Star was my Crushers, they killed the Penitent Engine and Saint Celestine.

Daemon Three Stars:
*     Bloodcrushers
**   10 Bloodletters (Holding Objective)
*** 10 Bloodletters (Killed Repentia's)


Sisters Stars:
*     Penitent Engine
**   Sisters of Battle Exorcist
*** Saint Celestine

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 17
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment